Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What do you do when

...you feel backwards?

I KNOW you know what I mean. The things you normally do aren't what you want. The food you want to eat doesn't hit your hunger G-spot. The books you want to read seem to blur into one page that you read 25 times. The things you write... well, they just aren't right.


I use other people's words. Poetry, specifically. Here is some more.

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought...

..."And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.


Excepts from "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll


What do YOU do, for backwards days?

No comments:

Post a Comment