Monday, November 9, 2009

Writing Rituals

Two days of missed Blogging. The people at NaBloPoMo are plotting my punishment. I have a passel of excuses, but I'm not going to use them. Why? Because I am not a passive protagonist (unlike some of my characters).

I'm commencing my writing ritual, it goes something like this. Turn off the TV. Wander around the house tidying. Make myself something to eat. Drag my laptop to my "real" workspace. Pick the perfect writing soundtrack. Open whatever document I saved most recently. Stare. Stare. Stare. Make myself some coffee or tea. Stare. Stare. Sip. Stare. Tweet three things. Check my blog stats. Look at my watch, realize I have forty minutes before X happens. Uncross eyes and bang out what is sure to be pure awesomeness or absolute tripe. Move on to plan X. Lather, rinse, repeat.


Someday I will have what it takes to sit down and do what I need to do without all the pre-curser, but today it is what it is.


"Lions make you brave, giants give you faith, death is a charade, you don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid." -LIGHTS

No comments:

Post a Comment