Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Double Dreams

Last night I had two dreams. In both instances I was grabbed from behind by a stranger on the street. In the first instance I managed to fight my way free and ran over to some security guards who were sitting in a corner. They did not stand up, only began leisurely questioning the stranger and I had to run on my own. In the second instance, after I freed myself from his hold he began following me and yelling. I called the police and the officer's response was "boys will be boys".

Clearly not an expert at any sort of dream analysis, I turned to the layman's favorite tool for misinformation - the Internet - where I was told that dreaming of being attacked means that you have stress or uncertainty in your waking life. Really? Is that the best they can do? Anti-climactic is the theme for the day. I think the thing that surprised me the most was that the dreams took place one right after the other, and practically mirrored each other. In both instances I was grabbed from behind. In both instances I wrestled myself away. And in both instances I sought help from a higher authority who did nothing.

How does this link to my writing? I'm not certain, but I feel like the connection is there. Maybe after several hours of wakefulness (and copious amounts of caffeine) I will be able to find a use for my overactive subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment